Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunflower on Kraft




Hi, Friends.....

I couldn't resist making one more card as a last minute entry in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8 which celebrates 5 years of blogging, 1000 posts, 1000 followers...(and a whole bunch of years of marriage!) This time she is adding a special little twist. In addition to having us use some of our NBUS craft supplies (Never Before Used Schtuff!) we are asked to use a special technique: colored pencils on kraft. This is something I have only done once or twice before so it is a great challenge for me!!

Oh, yeah....Did I mention there are prizes? Cool, huh!


It has been so fun perusing the other entries in Darnell's challenge, learning tips and being inspired. I fell in love with JoAnn's card HERE with its rich, velvety colors and white embossing. I just had to give it a try myself with a NBUS sunflower stamp from DRS Designs (still trying to find a link...sorry). Thank you, JoAnn, for sharing with me the trick of first coloring over the entire image with white colored pencil and then layering the other colors over top. I LOVE the effect!!
Sorry the THANKS is blurry.  The maize glitter paper was wreaking havoc on my focus!
Other supplies used include:
Primacolor colored pencils
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Clearly Besotted Thanks Word Die (apparently discontinued)
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Rhinestones
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular
Scraps from my stash of orange patterned paper, green dotted corrugate, and white background panels

Hope you enjoyed this card! I want to thank Darnell, once again, for this fun NBUS challenge with the colored pencils on kraft twist. I have learned a lot and now absolutely LOVE this technique! I hope to use it often in the future.

Darnell has more NBUS challenges coming up so be sure to follow her blog to keep track of the latest!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Blog Birthaversary NBUS #8 Challenge - use NBUS plus Colored Pencils on Kraft
2. Butterfly Challenge #70 - J is for Jewels and/or Jade (Yet another unexpected entry for me with just the jewels this time!)
3. Penny Black and More January Challenge - Anything Goes
4. The Paper Girls Challenge #120 - Patterned Paper
5. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #196 - Winter or Any Thank You

8 comments:

  1. I like that sunflower stamp and the idea to first coat with a white pencil before adding the other colours. Must give that a try out. Thankyou for fluutering by again .Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a flower that makes a statement ,,BTW the die cut on my blog is called Daisy ............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed the technique with this pretty card! I love that crimped panel behind the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Janis!! Love the sunflowers, turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Another way to use the colored pencils on kraft...I may have to revisit this technique and try it with white embossing and white pencil as a base. What a great look, and especially with the rustic sunflower image. It gives a really sweet, soft look...but still lets the color shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Janis. The stamp is so pretty and it looks great on kraft card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaah what a lovely card and thanks for joining us at Penny Black And More, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis