Friday, December 11, 2015

My First Box Card!!!





Hi, Friends....

Blogger is giving me fits tonight, but I'm here to share my very first box card....if all goes as planned!  Warning:  my formatting is waaaaaaaay off because of this Blogger weirdness.  Arrgh.  

I was inspired by the tutorial challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers and followed the fun instructions for making the pop-up box card here.  




I used DCWV patterned paper for the decorative background panels. There is another coordinating pattern covered up by the flaps hanging down.  You'll see it later....








I used an ancient Christmas stamp set I got at a thrift store some time ago.
(First time it has seen ink at my house!) I stamped the images on scraps of white cardstock with Versafine ink in Olympia Green and then watercolored them with a very old set of kids' watercolors. (My kids are 26 and 29, if that gives you any idea of how old the set is!! lol..)







I love the vintage look of these festive images, so I decided to add a little bit of cotton fluff behind the panels. This reminded me so much of old decorations from when I was a child that used cotton for snow. It seemed to go with the images.


Since this is for a Mark's Finest Papers challenge, I used some of their images, too. I pulled out the PEACE from the Mark's Finest Papers - Crisp Winter stamp set. (This is a lovely set that I need to showcase sometime.  It is just stunning.)



I teamed the Peace with a fun little sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set: Glad TIDEings. :) The Silly Shells is a beach image set but I turned this around and, wonky spelling and all, used it on a Christmas card. :) I added a little snowflake from my Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set that maybe looks like a little starfish to go with the TIDEings. (Okay, maybe not.... lol...)

On the other side, I used a sweet little snowman motif also from my Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set. Since it is for a calendar, it is only Frosty's head. I added more cotton fluff for his body and some more snowflakes.




Collapsed.  Now you can see the other patterned paper.

The cool thing about these pop-up box cards is they collapse and fit flat into an envelope!!!  Yay!!  


I don't know why my camera isn't focusing well lately. I hope you can see my photos well enough. I will have to see what's going on with it. Ugh...




Hope you enjoyed the card.  It was a lot more fun to make than to post on here!!!!  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this box card in the following challenges:
1.   MFP Tutorial Challenge - I followed the pop-up box card tutorial
 http://mfpstampshop.blogspot.com/2015/11/nov-blog-hop-final-day.html
2.   Double Click Connections - Use a Snowman
http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/2015/12/wishing-you-happiest-holidays-brrrr-its.html
3.   Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/12/pixies-snippets-playground-week-206.html
4.   Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes Family Friendly
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2015/12/challenge-213-anything-goes.html
5.   DL.Art Thankful Thursday - Use Red/Green or Blue/White alt. Thank You
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2015/12/dlart-thankful-thursday-challenge-170.html
6.  The Paper Girls - Christmas
http://thepapergirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2015/12/challenge-93-christmas.html
7.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Holly Jolly Days
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3301
8.   Penny Black at All Sorts - Anything Goes must stamp
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/2015/12/december-challenge-anything-goes-with.html
9.   Paper Issues - Christmas
http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2015/12/new-issue-owl-i-want-for-christmas.html
10. Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Christmas
http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/challenge-115-new-dt-members-and-prize.html
11. Choux Choux - Christmas/Winter
http://www.chouxchouxpaperart.com/2015/12/christmaswinter-challenge-2.html
12. Amusing Challenge - Let it Snow
http://stampedblessings.com/2015/12/amusing-challenge-let-it-snow/
13. Craftin Desert Divas - Christmas Linky
http://www.craftindesertdivasblog.com/2015/11/craft-it-up-link-it-up-christmas-linky_29.html

22 comments:

  1. So beautiful and dimensional...the snow elements are Especially enchanting
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Christmas box card. I really like the red and green. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 213th FF AG challenge! Advent Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Janis! I do love the design, and cotton wool still makes fabulous snow!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first box card turned out very well, great job.
    Thank you so much for entering it into our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT - Addicted To Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun - your first box card turned out fabulous! So glad you linked to my Christmas/Winter challenge at ChouxChoux Paper Art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great!! for your first one keep them coming!!!!! I love it.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #170-“RED & GREEN OR Blue & white” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ssuch a fabulous design! so many images to look at and i really like all the dimension! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really some project Janis, and it's so fun and cute with all the vintage images and cotton snow. I just love that festive house scene and the way you incorporated all the MFP stamped images in with it. Your snowman is the best snow-guy I've seen so far this winter and kind of reminds me of a soft serve vanilla cone with that cotton body..so clever! A box card looks so complicated and intimidating that it seems like you should have a degree in engineering before attempting one so I admire you even more!! Oh, and that kitty in a box up top is the perfect heading for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funny picture of that boxed cat! Reminds me of my friends cat. Love your box card. The snow around the edges, the snowy snowman and the tradional Christmas colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards, beautiful job, Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute box card love the snow.Thanks for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Diva's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Love the fuzzy snow! Great first box card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great design! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that came out great! i sure don't think mine did, that's why i didn't try that again! lol

    Thanks for joining us over at doubleclick skittles challenge!
    Lori-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great box card - love it! Congrats on making Top 3 for my Amusing Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic! Totally love explosion boxes! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Terri ~Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many wonderful details! Love this style of card, I tried to make one once, but it was too hard for me :-(
    Thanks so much for sharing at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am back again...this is so amazing. Forgot to thank you for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with DoubleClick Skittles!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis