Saturday, October 11, 2014

Time for Tea



Do you think perhaps their proofreaders are blind, too?????  :)

"The cat sees through shut lids."
-----------English saying

Hi, Friends....

I was able to make one more card for the Winnie & Walter WCMD Week of Challenges!!  This one is for the Sketched with Julie challenge

Here's the fun sketch she gave us:

  

I just couldn't get a handle on the sketch until I hit on using a doily for the large circle and some adorable Mary Engelbreit stickers a friend gave me (Thanks, Christy!!!).  My doily isn't quite big enough to cover as much of the card as the sketch has, but I hope it will be okay.

My doily seemed like it needed a bit of definition against the peachy background (looks orange, but is really peach! heehee) so I heat embossed some gold circles from the Winnie & Walter - Scenery:  Big Bang Confetti stamp set to add a bit of filigree to it.  

Other supplies include:  DCWV premade card base, K&Co green patterned paper, Zva crystals, Want2Scrap adhesive pearls, and thrift store yellow ribbon.  That ribbon gives me fits when I am using it on my cards so I used my Xyron 1" sticker maker.  Worked like a charm!

It was fun using stickers on my card today.  I don't do that very often, but these tea ones seemed to go well with the doily idea.  Thanks for stopping in!!  Wish we could enjoy a cup together in real life.  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Winnie & Walter WCMD 2014 Sketched with Julie 

2.  MFP Speedy TV Color Challenge #40 - Peach, Yellow, Green
3.  Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge #12 - Anything Goes


11 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully sweet card and great idea to use a doily for the rounded shape along the bottom. I didn't even attempt to do that sketch challenge because, like you, my mind kind of stuttered and stalled. Unlike you, it never started up again...so no card for me. Those gold embossed circles are the perfect embellishment to your doily and the tea stickers and sentiment compliment the vintage doily design so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doily idea is what saved the whole thing for me! I don't have any rounded dies and I suppose I could have traced around a dinner plate or something for that wide arc, but still didn't know what to do abt the rest of the card. The doily for tea seemed to work. Thanks for liking the gold-embossed circles. I wasn't sure that was going to look very good. Maybe I should have added more... Most of my cards that I make for challenges are so experimental. Who knows what they will turn out like!!! Ha.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
    2. Hey, that's what makes it fun...experimenting! And since you aren't experimenting with live subjects, anything is fair game! You're right about that doily though...it really grounds the whole design and echoes the vintage theme of the stickers.

      Delete
  2. I will have tea with you a doily under my saucer anytime
    Beautiful card , thanks for sharing at MFP CC.............Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish we could, Lis!! Florida is a long ways from Idaho, though. I would love to have tea with you by your wonderful new outdoor mural and learn all about your handmade papers.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Yummy and love the way you placed that doily.... Tea time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Makes me think of my husbands family in England. Well done! :) Thank you for sharing on this weeks Artistry Challenge! Be sure to come back this Saturday /Sunday to vote for your favorite two cards. :)
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right...I forgot that your hubby is English! I bet his family has some lovely tea service pieces!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Who can resist an ME design? Not me! Love your card and have enjoyed visiting your blog.
    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Color Challenge at MFP. Good luck!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kren!!! I love Mary Engelbreit, too. I felt bad that I hadn't used these sweet stickers my friend gave me a number of months ago. This sketch was perfect for them.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis