Sunday, February 23, 2014

Get Well Soon Card for Neighbor

Hi, everyone!

Today I am sharing a card I made a few weeks ago for my next-door neighbor who is recuperating after falling on the ice and breaking his ankle in two places.  Ouch!!!  I hate to admit this, but he said it happened when he was reaching down to pet one of my cats, Scooter.  Oh, that made us feel even worse!!!  He said she didn't trip him, he just over-reached and slipped.  




















Since this was a card for a man, I put away my ribbons and doilies and got out some cool stencils, instead.  I won this amazing set from Artistcellar designed by Jill K.Berry called:  TEXTures 2 and this is the Gera design.  Cool, huh?  THANK YOU, Artistcellar!!!

I taped my stencil over some patterned cardstock from my stash that had a design I wasn't really crazy about.  By stenciling, I could cover it up mostly, but still have the pattern subtly showing in the lines of the design.  Yay!!  With the stencil taped in place with Washi (so I could easily remove it), I inked over the cardstock with several colors of coordinating small pigment inkpads in my stash (blue, gray, purple, and a cheap white that is actually more cloudy than white!).  After removing the stencil, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the whole thing and turned my heat gun on it.  Love how the pigment inks blended into each other as I smoothed the pads over the stencil.  I also love how the glossy heat-embossed parts have a bit of texture themselves.

The sentiment is a discontinued clear acrylic stamp set called Scriptures of Peace (#50277) from Clear Dollar Stamps, before they switched gears and went to all digis and cut files and switched names and what all.  You might still be able to find this set on eBay, if you are lucky.  I use it a lot!!  I stamped it on a piece of navy cardstock and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder, although it doesn't look very silver in this photo.  Gotta work on my photography!!! I mounted the sentiment piece on some kraft cardstock and cut the edge with some manly-looking decorative scissors......because I couldn't keep from dressing it up a little bit!  Ha.  I thought this simple cut was just right.  What do you think?

It was really fun using my stencils for this card.  I have another set I won also that I want to play with soon!  Do you make stenciled cards?

Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog.  Have a lovely rest of the weekend!!!

<3
Janis

Edited to Add:  
I am entering this in the following challenge:
1.  Moxie Fab World --  Styling with Stencils Challenge  (allows back entries up to 4 wks from post date of Mar. 20) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAT STATUS UPDATE:  

What are the cats doing right now?????

Othello is reclining on a crocheted afgan, intently grooming something from between his toes that he probably picked up outside.  It's cute to see kitties taking a bath!  He must have it taken care of because he just curled up in a "dime" (as we call the very compact ball cats can curl themselves up in) and is all tucked in for an afternoon nap.  Zzzzzz....

What are your cats doing?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. This is so Lovely. What a Great card for our neighbor. Sorry to hear Scooter was a wee bit involved in the accident. But overall, as year by year goes by, I bet your cats are Great company for our neighbor. I know mine brighten my every hour. Their cute little faces. Lil Grey wants to play with the other older cats who are definitely Not in the mood. I try to be his playmate, so he doesn't end up in so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis